Marc Harrold is the Libertarian Party nominee for the United States House of Representatives for the 11th District of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
As a former police officer, US Department of Homeland Security prosecutor and law professor, and current Immigration Attorney and small business owner Marc is ready to make the case for real Libertarian Solutions to as the prescription for what ails America: Ever-Expanding Government
- End the Drug War.
- Restore the Fourth Amendment and amend it by adding the word “surveillance” to its text to protect us against unreasonable and warrantless government mass-surveillance and data collection and mining.
- Immediately end any undeclared and thus unconstitutional foreign war. Support non-interventionist (not isolationist) foreign policy that returns the Department of Defense to its name and constitutional mandate: DEFENSE.
- Enact protections to restrict all U.S. intelligence agencies from operating domestically except in very limited and defined circumstances with prior judicial approval.
- Enact a simplified, non-intrusive and non-income-based tax system and, in doing so, abolish the income tax and the IRS.
- Pass comprehensive immigration reform that prioritizes border security and removal of violent criminals while at the same time stressing open markets over closed borders, family unification and increases opportunity for the entrepreneurs and high-tech, specialty skilled workers America needs to stay competitive in the modern, information-age economy.
The American federal government has become too big to succeed: To succeed at providing the basic services and protections set forth in the United States Constitution.
America’s current path of debt, deficit spending, two-party duopoly, special interests and crony capitalism is unsustainable. We must reform both military spending and entitlements. We must be vigilant in defending our civil rights.
Marc pledges to serve no more than TWO terms in the U.S. House of Representatives. Marc will report the reasoning behind every vote cast to his constituents via social media (Twitter, Facebook, webpage, etc.). Marc will not take any part in a CODEL (Congressional Delegation) for unneeded travel at taxpayer expense unless it is of DIRECT benefit to the People of the Virginia 11th. Any CODEL or foreign travel will be explained via social media to constituents as CODEL’s are usually little more than tax-paid-for junkets.